1 cup self raising flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
30 gm butter, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup milk
1. Heat oven 200 C, grease baking tray.
2. Sift flour, wholemeal, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
3. Add butter and rub in lightly using your fingerstips.
4. Add in milk and mix with a flat bladed knife to a soft dough
5. Turn dough into a floured surface (use self raising flour). Knead dough briefly and lightly until smooth.
6. Roll dough to 2cm thick and cut into 5cm round or shape you prefer. Glaze with milk.
7. Bake 10-15min or until golden brown. Serve with jam and whipped cream.
milk, extra for glazing.