500gm sifted rice flour } blend all batter ingredients till smooth, set aside
1 tsp alkaline water (optional)
150 gm dried mushrooms, soaked and shredded thinly
120 gm dried shrimps, soaked and sieved dry
200 gm chinese sausages -diced/sliced finely
(subtitute with other sausages or meats)
100 gm garlic- diced finely
100 gm shallots- diced finely
1200 gm Yam - cubed (less yam if you preffered)
1 tbsp Chinese five spice powder- mix into yam
Salt, pepper and chicken granules for seasoning.
Garnishing: fried shallots, diced red chilli and spring onions.
1. Heat 5tbsp oil in wok. Stir fry filling ingredients except pumpkin till fragrant.
2. Add the marinated cubes yam and seasoning, stir fry thoroughly.
3. Pour in batter and cook for a while, better become thick, off heat.
4. Spoon batter into a greased 12 inches round tray or small cups.
5. Steam over high heat (12" tray 40min/ cups 15min until cooked)
6. Remove and allow to cool.
7. Garnish and served with chilli sauce.