The only thing that not properly done is my table and serving platters as all my things are still packed in boxes with no intention to unpack until we get to have our own house. Nevertheless we have a wonderful dinner, my sons taking pictures to put into facebook and I taking pictures for this blog as you noticed it been a while I did not update it.
1 whole turkey - thawed and pat dry
2 tbsp Sage - chopped finely
Salt (2-3tbsp) and pepper } mix all together
A few tablespoon of olive oil
A few twig of fresh Rosemary - cut into 3" lenght
A few slices of streaky bacon
1.5 liter chicken stock
3 tbsp flour
1.Rub the turkey inside out with the mixture. Under the skin also rub with the mixture and stuff in the Rosemary twigs and the streaky bacon.
2. Wrap the seasoned turkey in aluminium foil and placed onto a baking tray. Keep in the fridge to marinate at least 24 hours until bake time,
3.Calculate the turkey weight for roasting 40minutes perkg. My turkey is 5kg x 40min= 3hours 30 minutes .
4. Bake at 180 C for 3 hours and removed the alunimium foil to continue baking for browning the turkey. Please keep an eyes on the turkey so is not burn.
5. When cooked, lift the turkey from tray, skim the surface fats from the roasting tray, add some chicken stock (or water) and flour.
6. Place the roasting pan onto a stove and bring to boil. Season the sauce if needed. Serve turkey with gravy.
Potatoes Sausages Salad
1 packet (800gm) potatoes - wash and boil in a sauce pot with lightly salted water until tender but not too
soft. Cut into wedges, put aside.
15 pcs chicken/pork mini sausages
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup water
salt and black pepper to season.
1. Place butter, olive oil, water and sausages in a pan onto a stove with high heat. Cook until the water evaporated turn heat to low and with remaining oil stir fry to brown the sausages then add in the cooked potatoes wedges. Mix thoroughly, season with salt and pepper. Serve.