Monday, April 25, 2011
My front neighbour's Mrs Liew gave me a pack of this bread pre mix that her brother brought back from UK. Even before the packet of flour is open you can smell the wonderful aroma of herbs and parmesan cheese. Only last week I manage to baked it and is really delicious. The mix works in bread machines but I mix it with my Kenwood cake mixer then rolled by hand into different shapes. Rest the dough and baked, there easy instruction to follow at the back of the wrapper. Unfortunately it only available in England, Let check it out at their website at http://www.wrightsflour.co.uk/index.aspx .
Thursday, April 14, 2011
|1 whole chicken cut into quaters, season with salt and pepper. Pan seared the chicken for browning.|
|Sea cucumber washed clean and dried|
1 kg or more sea cucumber cut into bite size
15 pcs dried mushrooms - soaked, marinated with sugar, soya sauce, oil and some cornflour-steam for 1 hour.
3 cloves garlic - tear into pieces
2 inches ginger -sliced
1/2 tsp of five spice powder
1/4 cup of shaoxing wine (can subtitute with other liquor
oil and sesame oil
soya sauce, oyster sauce, pepper for seasoning.
1. When the above ingredients is ready, add in some oil and sesame oil into a pot.
2. Sauteen the ginger and garlic for a while then add in the sea cucumber to stir fried for 10min.
3. Add in the mushrooms stir for a while.
4. Add enough water to cover the sea cucumber and mushrooms,
5.Add soya sauce, oyster sauce to simmer until the sea cucumber is 80 percent cooked.
6. Now, add the seared chicken and simmer to cooked.
7. Season to taste.