A 150 gm butter
70 gm icing sugar
B 1 egg
C 260 gm flour
1 tbsp. milk powder
1. Mix ( A) until well combined
2. Add ( B) cream until smooth.
3. Add in sifted ( C) and mix until well blended
4. Refrigerate for 30 min. until firm
5. Rolled firm dough to desired thickness and size.
6. Place the coconut filling onto the prepared pastry shell
7. Brush with egg wash onto the filling and pastry, bake at 190 C for 35minutes until golden brown.
A 2 eggs
125 gm sugar
100 gm milk
1/8 tsp. salt
B 60gm melted butter
C 30gm flour
1 tsp. baking powder
140gm desiccated coconut
some yellow food colouring
1.Mix (A) until sugar dissolves.
2.Add (B) mix until well blended.
3. Lastly add in (C) mix until well combined.
Bought this recipe book in 2004, before that many years ago I have attended one of his classes held in Chang Tung, Petaling Jaya. I remember I have a good time during the class on the Chinese Walnut Cookies(Hup Toh So), Kaya Puff, Egg Tart and Century Egg pastry. In fact I still have the photocopies of the hand written recipes with me. Remember well that Alex Goh says its in Cantonese "yat chao tin gai" if you master this 4 recipes meaning we can make a living out of this four recipes making $$$$$ when we only pay rm50 for the 3 hours lesson. He sure did as he has a few recipe books in the market up to date and Alex Goh is well known in the bakery world nowaday.Congratulation, you did it.