1 whole chicken- cut into bite size marinate with turmeric powder, pepper and fish sauce
4 nos. onions - sliced
4 nos. tomatoes - quarters
5 tbsp. dried chili paste
1 - 2 tsp. brown sugar
Lime juice (I used lime powder)
some kaffir lime leaves( daun limau purut)
oil, salt and seasoning to taste.
1. Heat oil in a wok/pot. Sauteed sliced onions until soft.
2. Add in the chili paste stirring frequently for 5-10min until aromatic.
3. Add in the marinated chicken together with lime leaves and brown sugar. Stir fry a few minutes.
4. Add in enough water according to your preference for a thicker or watery sauce.
5. When mixture is boiling add in tomatoes and lime juice/lime powder. Cook sauce to thicken.
6. Season with salt and seasoning. Serve.
Serve lime juice assam chicken over cooked rice or beehoon (rice vermicelli)