Tuesday, December 14, 2010
3/4 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk
1 tbsp dried yeast
5 cups all purpose flour
2 tabsp sugar
1 tsp salt
60gm butter - to add into the dough
350gm butter- chilled
1 no egg- beaten for glazing.
MIXING METHOD: (I using Kenwood cake mixer with dough hook)
1. mix milk & water together.
2.dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup of the milk mixture and leave to stand 15min
3.Using dough hook to mix flour, sugar and salt in mixing bowl for a few second.
4.Add in 60gm butter into flour mixture and knead until crumbly.
5. Add in the yeast mixture plus the remainning milk and water mixture.
6. Mix everything into a dough about 3-5min depend on the type of mixer you using.
7. Remove the dough hook and roll the dough into a ball. Return to the bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and stand in refrigerator for 1 hour.
DOUGH FOLDING METHOD:
2.Wrap butter in between two pieces of plastic wrap and bang it with a rolling pin until it is flat rectangle shape (please adjust the flatten butter size accordingly to the rectangle dough, )
3. Lay the chilled butter onto the dough refer to picture 1.
4. Fold as in picture 2 and 3. Pinch the edges of the dough to sealed so that the butter will not oozes out during rolling.
5. After folding roll this parcel lenghtways into a rectangle and then fold it in three.
6. Wrap the folded dough with plastic wrap and put it into refrigerator for 10min. Repeat this rolling and chilling process three more times.
7. After chilling the final time, roll the dough into a square 1/4 " thick.
8. Cut into 6" equilateral triangles and form them into crescent shapes.
9.Lay the crescents on a floured baking sheets and leave them to rise for almost 30min.
10. Glaze with beaten egg and bake them for 15min at 200 C until golden brown.